Friday 26 July 2013

Painting Restroom Doors. Voluntary work at GIIS, Balestier Road, Singapore

Last year, my kids' school, GIIS, on Balestier Road, decided to beautify their bathrooms. This was part of their "Green Loos" initiative. Parent volunteers and teachers took time off to paint all the bathroom panels. Now, as a painter who likes to work in series, I requested that I be given 12 doors. I themed one set of 6 doors "Birds of Paradise".
I am very honored to have been part of this amazing initiative.
The school reaped many awards for their beautified bathrooms- the Gold Award in the Central Singapore ONE Awards 2012, The school also won the Lotus Award in the Singapore Environment Council's Green Audit Program.
Here are the pics of my work in progress as well as the final 6 doors:










Here are the pics of the other 6 doors themed, Flowers:



No comments:

Post a Comment